21 Day Fix Approved Mashed Cauliflower Recipe
- steam a head of cauliflower
- put 1/2 into a food processor (blender works too)
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (optional)
- 1/4 cup coconut liquid aminos
- I also added ground cloves to the top (optional, but does add some fabulous flavor!)
What are Coconut Liquid Aminos?
Coconut liquid aminos is a sauce made from coconut tree sap and sea salt, with nothing else added. It can be used as a substitute for soy sauce. Even better, it’s unprocessed, so all of those nutrients, amino acids and enzymes from the tree sap are captured and transferred right to you. You get awesome health benefits and awesome flavor!
There is one catch: coconut aminos are a great substitution for soy sauce, but they also have a high sodium content like soy sauce does, so be sure to keep that in mind if you are watching your salt intake. They also have a slightly sweet taste, which some people might not care for. But if you use it as a flavoring and pair it with the right foods (like mashed cauliflower) then you won’t be disappointed.